Wow! 2013 was a good year! This year, you awesome volunteers, donors, supporters and friends:
· Brought safe bicycling lessons into PE classes for 342 students in the 4th and 5th grades.
· Repaired 173 bikes with 98 Earn-a-Bike graduates, now Master Mechanics.
· Brought concrete recommendations for a better KCK right into City Hall with Bike Club.
· Helped build new trail systems at the Rosedale Arch and on Cliff Drive.
· Helped 4th and 5th grade students earn 55 bikes through PE classes and bike rodeos.
· Taught basic riding skills to about 400 of KCK’s youngest cyclists at bike rodeos, and sent 20 of them home with new-to-them bikes.
· Sent 840 helmets home with kids.
· Started Bike Clubs at a two community centers and two middle schools, with more on the way.
· Raised money to replace a rickety trailer with our new box truck!
Grassroots organizations like FreeWheels for Kids exist because you take time out of your day and money out of your wallet. You believe that together we can empower kids to be community leaders and transform our city into a better, healthier place to live and grow up. I can’t say it enough: thank you!
Director, FreeWheels for Kids